WinRAR is one of the most popular compressing applications which is used to reduce the size of files that allows you to send large file over e-mail or popular file sharing service. Winrar is similar to winzip but with additional functionality. In this post I ‘m putting down my hands on expertise which can help you to know how exactly to use winrar in a productive way.
Get More Compression
Desire to squeeze even more compression than normal out of WinRAR? To better compress your files and folders follow below steps:
* Right click on your own file and select « Add to archive… » from context menu. A dialog box will appear.
* In General tab and in « Compression Method » dropdown menu, select « Best ».
* Click on Advanced tab and then click on « Compression » botton. Advanced Compression Parameters dialog box will appear.
* In Text Compression section select Force and in Prediction Arrangement kind 63 and in Memory to use sort 128. Then click Ok twice.
Using this strategy will get you nearly 10% more compression for your archive files.
Enable Explorer-like View
Single pane view is the default view, using that you will need to keep altering folders one by one to reach your file. But there’s an easy means. One the winrar interface, goto Options > Folder Tree > Show Disc Folder. This will give you an explorer like window and choosing the file is not difficult now.
Enable Detail View
We need to see the details from time to time although by default, you’ll get to see list. Goto Options > File List > Details
Preview the Time and the Compression It’ll Take
This an extremely unique feature of Winrar. In case you’ve got a folder construction that is huge to zip, how do you know how much it can be compressed and how much Winrar will take it to compress. Winrar has an inbuilt functionality which can assist you to locate that.
* Select one or multiple file which you want to compress, then on the winrar look for an « Info » Tab.
That Clicks and you’ll get another window with 4 tabs.
The first tab features an « Estimate Button ». Clicking in this, the tool will tell you how much your information can be compressed in percentage and how much time will it take to compress.
This is exceptionally useful as it’ll save lots of time of yours instead of sitting and waiting it to finish.
Schism Files into Smaller Pieces
What would you do if the compaction measurement Tech Support lets you know that more than 90% cannot be compressed and size is too large either to meet on cd or email. Winrar acts more than a compression tool. Here is how you can use it to carve.
* Select a file or folder you need to divide.
* Right files to archive files »
* It opens a tab you should locate « Divide to file, bytes » drop down menu that is present at the lower part.
* Either you can input tha value in bytes or select a predefined format like, 1.44 Mb floppy, CD Rom, DVD or even auto discover. The auto detect feature can assess the destination space and split files according to that.
Archive it. You’ll see a list of files created which are according to your need.
Make a Self Extracting Archive
The worst you don’t or its a general problem that if I send you a winrar compressed archive you mightn’t have exactly the same software to open it have any compression tool.
So what can you do? Easy, You can create a self extracting archive file which will behave like the softwares which get installed in one measure.
* Click on Existing file make and you need to compress a standard archive.
* Now select the archive file you just made, « Go to Tools > Convert archive to SFX »
While you can just request it to make an SFX * One more way is.
Compress and Mail
Winrar additionally allows you to send any file on email by mechanically compressing and then attach to email. There’s a Compress and email attribute which has to be empowered if its not.
* Go to Options > Settings
This opens up another display with lot of tabs. Click on the tab named Integration
* On the tab look for a button with label Context Menus. Click that
This will open another window, which reveals the list of characteristics which pops up when you right click a file.
* Enable the Compress and email by checking it.
Right click on any file and you are going to see the menu enabled.
Alter The Temporary Folder
When it attempts to compress a file winrar demands to use a temporary place. By default it’s found someplace in C drive. If you don’t have enough space there, you always have the option to shift the location.
* Goto Options > Settings
This opens up another screen with tabs go to Courses Tab.
* Click on « Select folder for temporary files » and select a path.